If you’re taking some time off work due to illness, please let us know. We’ll quickly confirm whether or not we’re able to pay you sick pay. The rules are set by the government. Broadly speaking, you must:
- have been ill for at least four days in a row (including non-working days);
- earn at least £118 (before tax) per week; and
- notify us of your illness within 7 days of its occurrence.
There are some exceptions. Unfortunately, you won’t qualify if you:
- have already received the maximum amount of SSP (28 weeks);
- have taken 3 years or more ‘linked periods’ of sickness (where 4 or more days of sickness happen within 8 weeks of each other); or
- are getting Statutory Maternity Pay.
If we’re not able to pay you sick pay directly, we can still assist you with claiming through your local benefits office. Get in touch as soon as possible and we’ll let you know how we can help.