Can I claim my National Insurance back when I leave the UK?

Even if you only work in the UK on a temporary basis and then return to your home country, you can’t claim any of your National Insurance contributions back. However, the contributions you have made may count towards your State Pension in your home country, so long as it’s one of the countries that have a social security agreement with the UK.