How do I advise you that I’ve changed my name?

If you have changed your name, all you need to do is send us a scanned copy or photocopy of your official change of name document.

If your name has changed because you’ve got married, this would be either your marriage certificate or a Statutory Declaration Certificate (in your maiden name). If you don’t have either of these already, you can find out more on how to get a copy on the DirectGov website.

We’ll happily update our records when this has been received.

If your official name hasn’t changed but you’re known by a different name, you can let us know what it is by logging into your account, visiting the My account section, clicking on Personal details and completing the ‘Known As’ field.