How do I apply for adoption pay?
Firstly, make sure you give us at least 28 days’ notice that you’re planning to stop work to adopt a child or have a baby with a surrogate. We’ll need to ask for proof of your adoption. This proof must show:
- your name and address and that of the agency
- the match date, e.g. the matching certificate
- the date of placement, e.g. a letter from the agency
- the relevant UK authority’s ‘official notification’ confirming you’re allowed to adopt (overseas adoptions only)
- the date the child arrived in the UK – e.g. plane ticket (overseas adoptions only)
Once we receive it, we’ll assess your claim and contact you to confirm whether we’re able to pay your adoption pay.