What Entitlement to Work documents do I need to send?

Employers in the United Kingdom have a responsibility to check that their employees are allowed to work here. That’s why we request copies of certain documentation when you register with us and if necessary, at regular intervals thereafter.

Please send us a certified copy of the photographic ID page of your passport. If you’re not a national of the European Economic Area, we’ll also need to see a copy of your visa.

If you don’t have these documents, there are lots of alternatives we can accept. The Entitlement to Work section of our website will talk you through it.