What should I do with the P45 Key sent me?

Your P45 is in three parts – you should keep hold of part one for your own records, and pass parts two and three on to your new employer.

If you’re leaving the country, you should complete a P85 form and send this along with your P45 to HMRC, as you may be due a tax refund.