We work with a number of trusted businesses who help us communicate with you, work more productively and keep your data secure. These companies are our ‘data processors’. We have GDPR-compliant contracts in place with these companies, so that both sides understand our responsibilities.
Here is a list:
- We use third-party providers to create and send some of our emails and online documents. Most of the time, this is MailChimp. We store some data about you in MailChimp so that we can personalise the emails that we send you. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
- We use Wufoo to host some of our forms, such as our online registration form. We use Wufoo because it is a trusted and efficient way of building online forms and managing completed submissions. When you submit a form, the data you submit is stored in Wufoo for a period of time. For more information, please see Wufoo’s privacy notice.
- We use SurveyMonkey to host our questionnaires and some forms. When you submit a questionnaire or form, the data you submit is stored in SurveyMonkey for a period of time. For more information, please see SurveyMonkey’s privacy notice.
- We use Esendex and Engage Hub to send text messages (SMS), for example pay day alerts. For more information, please see their privacy notices.
- We use Dropbox to temporarily store certain documents that you send to us online. Dropbox has a privacy notice on their website.
- We use some online services that help us work more productively, including Zapier, Trello, HubSpot and some Google products. Very occasionally a small amount of your personal data may be stored or otherwise processed by these providers for a period of time.
- Sometimes we may share some of your data with carefully selected companies who are helping us to produce a hard-copy mailing or delivery. For example, this could include printers, mailing houses, design agencies, retailers, couriers and mail delivery companies.
- We may use your email address or cookies that were placed on your device when you visited our website to serve you customised online ads. To do so, we work with major search engines and social media networks.
Some of these providers are based outside the European Union and your information may be stored in their countries. This is done in compliance with Chapter V of the GDPR, which sets out the conditions that must be in place before your data can be processed outside the EU.
In our case, all of our non-EU data processors are based in countries that have been recognised by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for your data. All our data processors who are based in the United States participate in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.