Who should I contact if I have a query?

Us! When you’re a Key Portfolio employee, we’re here to support you. Of course, that begins with answering questions about our service or your account. But it goes beyond customer service. Our team are experts in all things contracting, and hope to be your one-stop-shop for all questions relating to your pay and career – even (especially!) if they’re complex or technical. You can reach us on 0345 371 0303 or portfolio@key.co.com and we’ll do everything we can to help.

(You can learn a bit more about the support available to you on our blog: Customer service and beyond: how we can support you).

As much as we want to help, there may be times when you need a more personalised or specialised answer than we’re able to give. For example, if we don’t have access to the account-related information and figures relating to your enquiry, or can’t action specific requests ourselves (like changing your tax code).

For instances like this, we’ll point you in the direction of a third party who will be best placed to help. We’ve listed our most-used organisations’ phone numbers here to assist you:

Tax codes

If you’d like to know why you’re on a particular tax code or need your tax code changed, the best people to talk to are HMRC. Their phone number is 0300 200 3300 and you can find other contact options on their website.

National Insurance

HMRC can also help with anything to do with National Insurance, for example if you want to check how much you’ve paid in the past six years and whether or not there’s been a shortfall. You can reach them on 0300 200 3500, but you can also use their online service. HMRC’s website lists all of the alternative contact options and their opening hours.

Student loan

Need to know how much is left to repay on your loan, or discuss your repayments? You can contact the Student Loans Company on 0300 100 0611 – it’s worth checking their opening hours first.


Our workplace pension scheme is provided by NEST. You can contact them on 0300 020 0090, chat to them online or use their handy online help centre.


If you’d like a second opinion on the sick pay or maternity/paternity pay you’re entitled to, or have any questions you about how your pay affects other benefits, the Department for Work & Pensions can help. They have excellent information on their website, which also includes contact details if you need them.