When you register as a guest blogger, we’ll email you whenever there’s an opportunity to write an upcoming article for the Key Portfolio blog. You can also jump in any time and pitch us your own ideas for posts – we’d love to hear them.
Types of posts
Here are some examples of the type of article we’re interested in publishing:
- ‘How-to’: tips to help people find contracts/become more successful contractors
- Thought leadership: opinions on anything that affects contractors, emerging trends in the industry
- Personal experiences: lessons you’ve learned while contracting, reviews of products/events/services that could benefit contractors
- Community: we’d like to help our contractors get to know each other, so we want to hear about your unusual second jobs, interesting hobbies or 15 minutes of fame
- Regular features: find out more about regular features we run on the blog – you can either choose to write these articles yourself or answers some questions for us and we’ll turn it into a blog.
Most importantly, your article must be relevant and valuable to Key Portfolio contractors either in their career, or in specific aspects of their personal life that are related to contracting.
Once we’ve agreed that you’re going to write a blog for us, we’ll send you more details of what we’re looking for and a link to our guest blogging guidelines. We’ll also set a publication date. It sometimes helps to have a quick chat about it all too. After that, you can go ahead and get started!
What we need from you
- a Word document containing an article that meets our guest blogging guidelines for publication on the Key Portfolio blog;
- your suggested title (max. 55 characters) – although feel free to leave this to us, if you’d prefer;
- separate files for any images you’ve included in your article (please read our image guidelines first) along with confirmation that you (or your company) are the copyright holder and grant us permission to publish them;
- a short bio (max. 140 characters) telling readers who you are (it can include one link to a website or social media account) – again, we can write this if you prefer; and
- a photo of yourself (head and shoulders only, any format is fine, 300 x 300px is the ideal size).
We’re more than happy to provide support and guidance all the way through the writing process, so let us know if you need a hand at any point.
Once you’ve finished writing your post, send it on over to us.
The article will go through a review process to make sure it aligns with our editorial policy, quality standards and content strategy. If we need to suggest or request any major edits, we’ll work with you to make sure we’re both happy with the final post.
Next, you can sit back and wait for it to be published! We’ll let you know as soon as it’s up.