Here we explain the identification and Entitlement to Work documentation required for employment in the United Kingdom (UK) from those who are nationals of any state that is not part of the UK, Common Travel Area, European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.
Please send these documents:
- A certified copy of the photographic ID page of your current passport
- A copy of any other page of your passport containing a UK Government endorsement
- A certified copy of your visa confirming your entitlement to work in the UK, or an alternative document from the list below (Is your visa in an expired passport? Learn more)
Alternatively, please send one of these documents:
- A certified copy of your permanent or current Residence Card/Permit issued by the Home Office
- A certified copy of the photographic ID page of your passport or National ID Card AND a Certificate of Application (less than 6 months old) from the UK Government confirming that you are a family member of an EU national
- A certified copy of an Application Registration Card
- An official document indicating your name and permanent National Insurance number AND EITHER a certified copy of a suitable Immigration Status Document OR your Certificate of Registration or Naturalisation as a British Citizen
- We need additional information if your documents were issued in your previous name.
- You can send paperwork to us by post or email.
- If you are unable to provide the documents requested, please contact us.
- When the expiry date of your visa is approaching, please send us proof that you have applied for extension or renewal.
- You must notify us immediately of any change in your entitlement to work status.
- In certain circumstances, we may contact the Home Office to confirm your immigration status.
- We reserve the right to terminate your employment without notice should you fail to provide documentation that we’ve requested from you.