Here we explain the identification documents required for employment in the United Kingdom (UK) from those who are nationals of the UK or Common Travel Area.
If you are a national of:
Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- A certified copy of the photographic ID page of your passport
- An official document containing your name & permanent National Insurance (NI) number*
- Your Birth or Adoption Certificate
*This could be either a document issued by a previous employer, such as a P45 or P60, or a document issued by a UK Government Agency, providing it has your full name and permanent NI number printed on it.
- Unfortunately, driving licences can’t be accepted as proof of your entitlement to work in the UK
- We need additional information if your documents were issued in your previous name.
- You can send paperwork to us by post or email.
- If you are unable to provide the documents requested, please contact us.