United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man

Here we explain the identification documents required for employment in the United Kingdom (UK) from those who are nationals of the UK or Common Travel Area.

If you are a national of:

Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

Please send:
  • A certified copy of the photographic ID page of your passport
Or alternatively:
  • An official document containing your name & permanent National Insurance (NI) number*


  • Your Birth or Adoption Certificate

*This could be either a document issued by a previous employer, such as a P45 or P60, or a document issued by a UK Government Agency, providing it has your full name and permanent NI number printed on it.

Please note:
  • Unfortunately, driving licences can’t be accepted as proof of your entitlement to work in the UK
  • We need additional information if your documents were issued in your previous name.
  • You can send paperwork to us by post or email.
  • If you are unable to provide the documents requested, please contact us.